For 4 people ()
- 4 large oranges
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 piece cinnamon, stick
- 0.5 tablespoon Grace Hello Margarine
- 3 tablespoon brandy
- Peel and cut oranges into 1/2 inch slices.
- Bring water to a boil and stir in sugar until all the granules are dissolved.
- Allow to boil and stir until a thick syrup is formed then add cinnamon stick and orange slices. Cover and leave to steep for 4 minutes.
- Remove from flame, add Grace Hello Margarine and allow to melt then add brandy. Spoon the mixture over the orange slices.
To Serve: Arrange orange slices on a serving plate and decorate with cherries and lime leaf.
Method Note: Steep- To allow food to stand stand in hot liquid to extract flavour / colour.