Chicken Chop Suey
For 4 people ()
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- 0.25 cup Grace White Cane Vinegar
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, julienne
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 small sweet pepper, julienne
- 2 cups pak choi, chopped
- 2 cups cabbage, coarsley chopped
- 2 stalks escallion
- 0.25 cup Grace Vegetable Oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 0.25 cup water
- De-bone and cut chicken breasts into strips, wash with a vinegar and water solution.
- Season with salt, soy sauce and garlic. Set aside.
- Cut celery, carrots, sweet pepper and pak choi into strips, coarsely shred cabbage and chop escallion.
- Heat 2 Tbsps. Grace Vegetable Oil in a frying pan. Add celery and carrot and saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add sweet pepper, pak choi, and cabbage and stir fry until crunchy. Remove from the frying pan.
- Add the remaining oil, if necessary, and saute escallion until transparent.
- Add seasoned chicken and fry lightly.
- Dissolve cornstarch with water and add to the cooked chicken.
- Continue cooking for another two minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Return the cooked vegetables to the frying pan and toss well.
Method Note: Additional seasoning may be added if necessary.