Baked Whole Sea Fish
For 4 people ()
- 0.25 cup Grace Hello Margarine
- 2 teaspoons scotch bonnet pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 ounces Grace Rice
- 1 cup stock*
- 1 can Grace Tomato Juice
- 8 ounces shrimp, cooked
- 1 tablespoon tomato, diced
- 1 can Grace Whole Kernel Corn
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 0.25 cup Grace White Vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Grace Caribbean Traditions Fish Seasoning
- 0.25 ounce Grace Fish and Meat Sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C/375°F.
- In a large saucepan melt 2 Tbsps. Grace Hello Margarine. Add scotch bonnet pepper, chopped thyme, garlic and onion and sauté for 1 minute. Add Grace Rice, stock and Grace Tomato Juice, stir well. Cover and leave to simmer over flames for 25 minutes or until rice grains are tender. Set aside.
- In a large bowl place shrimp, diced tomato, Grace Whole Kernel Corn, parsley and cooked Grace Rice. Combine well.
- Clean and wash fish in a solution of vinegar and water. Make diagonal cuts on sides of fish. Season with Grace Caribbean Traditions Fish Seasoning, rub inside and outside of fish using 1 Tbsp. Grace Hello Margarine, then stuff fish with rice mixture.
- Using remainder of Grace Hello Margarine, grease aluminum foil, wrap stuffed fish in the prepared foil, place on a baking tray and bake for about an hour.
- Serve fish on a platter, drizzled with Grace Fish and Meat Sauce.
Stock is made by dissolving 1 packet Grace Cock Soup Mix in 2 cups boiling water. Allow to stand for 10 minutes, strain and use as directed.