Oatmeal Bran Raisin Loaf
For 4 people ()
- 0.75 cup Grace Instant Oats
- 0.25 cup wheat bran
- 0.25 cup water
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 0.5 tablespoon shortening
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons Anchor Milk Powder
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 0.5 cup raisins (soaked)
- 1 cup water
- Combine Grace Instant Oats, wheat bran and water, and leave to soak for about 5 minutes.
- Combine bread flour, sugar, shortening, salt, Anchor Milk Powder, yeast and raisins in a mixing bowl and mix well. Add water then knead into a dough; knead until the dough becomes elastic. Cover the dough in a bowl and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- De-gas the dough by "punching" it down. Divide the dough into three equal portions and roll into balls. Shape and mould the dough into a log. Leave the dough to rest for 5 minutes.
- Place the shaped dough into loaf pans and leave to rest in a warm area for 40 minutes.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C/350°F for 20 minutes or until done.