Ackee and Salt Fish Pizza
Ackee and Salt Fish Pizza
For 8 people ()
- 2 pounds baking flour
- 0.5 packet Anchor Milk Powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 packet yeast
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 3 ounces Grace Hello Margarine
- 13 ounces water (luke warm)
- 1 cup Grace Tomato Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 dozen ackee, cleaned
- 0.25 cup Grace Vegetable Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks escallion, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon scotch bonnet pepper, chopped
- 1 sprig thyme, leaves
- 1 teaspoon Grace Caribbean Traditions Black Pepper
- 1 medium Tomato, sliced
- 1 medium green sweet pepper, cut into rings
- 1 medium onion, cut into rings
- 0.5 pound mozzarella, shredded
- 0.5 pound cheddar cheese, shredded
- 0.25 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- Combine flour, milk powder, sugar and yeast then fold in salt at the end.
- Add Grace Hello Margarine to the dry ingredients, using finger tips or a dough blender to incorporate fat.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and add water, use to bind mixture. Knead mixture to form an "elastic" dough (approximately 10-15 minutes).
- Place dough into a greased dish, rotate and allow to ferment (until dough doubles in size) approximate 45-60 minutes.
- Deflate dough using fist to push downward in the centre of the dough to release the air.
- Place on a lightly floured surface, roll out using rolling pin to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
- Use to line a greased pizza pan, trim the edges, ensuring that the dough is not stretched. Pierce the dough with a fork (to release air).
- Place in a pre-heated oven to bake at 180°C/350°F, for approximately 20-30 minutes.
- In a saucepan combine Grace Tomato Ketchup, basil and minced garlic and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Set aside.
Ackee and Salt fish:
- Pour water into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add ackee and boil until fork tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet heat Grace Vegetable Oil. Add chopped garlic, escallion, onion, scotch bonnet pepper, thyme and Grace Caribbean Traditions Black Pepper, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add flaked salt fish and ackee and toss to combine thoroughly, cook for 3 minutes and set aside.
- Brush or spoon on tomato sauce onto baked pizza dough.
- Add ackee and salt fish and spread evenly, using a wooden spoon.
- Garnish with sliced tomato, sweet pepper and onion rings, sprinkle on shredded cheese and oregano.
- Place in oven and bake at 180°C/350°F for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
To Serve: Slice and serve immediately.
Method Note: Deflate - to release air or gas.