For 6 people ()
- 10 cups water
- 0.5 cups evaporated milk
- 1 whole cinnamon leaf
- 0.5 cup raisins, optional
- 1.25 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Grace Oats
- 1 nutmeg, grated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1.5 cups sweetened condensed milk
- Put eight cups of water to boil. Add evaporated milk, cinnamon leaf, raisins and salt.
- Combine oats with nutmeg and cinnamon powder. Add vanilla essence to the remaining 2 cups water and add to the oats mixture; mix well.
- Add oats mixture to the boiling liquid and stir until the porridge comes to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the sweetened condensed milk.