For 6 people ()
- 2 pounds yellow yam
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 0.25 pound string beans
- 0.25 pound carrots
- 1 small onion
- 1 small red sweet pepper
- 1 small green sweet pepper
- 1 can Grace Green Peas
- 4 tablespoons Grace Mayonnaise
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- Peel, wash and cut yellow yam into cubes.
- Bring water to a boil in a sauce pot, add yam and salt and boil until fork tender.
- Cut string beans into three or four pieces, peel and dice carrots, blanch vegetables.
- Chop onions and peppers, add yam, vegetables, Grace Green Peas, Grace Mayonnaise and toss lightly.
- Put the salad to chill in a refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
To Serve: Arrange on a bed of lettuce and then serve.