Trotters 'n' Beans
Trotters 'N' Beans
For 4 people ()
- 1.5 pounds trotters
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 stalks escallion
- 6 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1 sprig thyme
- 0.25 cup Grace Vegetable Oil
- 1 can Grace Butter Beans
- Cut trotters in small pieces, crush garlic and finely chop escallion.
- Blanch trotters in boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain off water and season trotters with salt, pepper and other seasonings.
- Heat Grace Vegetable Oil in a heavy pot, and brown pieces of trotters. Pour off excess fat.
- Return trotters to pot with additional seasonings.
- Cover and simmer gently for 3-4 hours, or until tender, or pressure cook to shorten cooking time.
- Add additional liquid, if necessary, and correct seasoning.
- Add Grace Butter Beans and allow to simmer for a few minutes.