For 6 people ()
- 1 cup Grace Ackee in Brine
- 2 tablespoons Grace Hello Margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 0.25 teaspoon white pepper
- 0.5 cup whole milk, heated
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Grace Tomato Ketchup
- Drain and crush Grace Ackee.
- Melt Grace Hello Margarine in a saucepan. Add flour, salt, white pepper and cook over low heat without allowing to turn brown.
- Add hot milk, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and is smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Add egg yolks and beat thoroughly.
- Add Grace Tomato Ketchup and crushed ackee.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold carefully into ackee mixture.
- Pour into an un-greased souffle dish or other deep ovenproof dish.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (350°F) until firm.
Recipe Note: Do not open the oven while souffle is being baked.