Slivers of beef liver seasoned with natural herbs.
For 4 people ()
- 1.5 pounds Beef Liver, semi frozen
- 1 tablespoon meat seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 0.5 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic, blended with a little oil
- 1 ounce Grace Vegetable Oil
- 1 large onion, cut in rings
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2 ounces Grace Tomato Ketchup
- 2 ounces water
- Strip and slice the chilled liver. Add meat seasoning, salt, black pepper, soy sauce and garlic.
- Stir to ensure all the seasonings are properly distributed.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours.
- Add oil to a saute pan and heat over high flame; add liver and saute for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add onions, thyme, tomato ketchup and water, stir, cover and allow to cook for another 3 minutes.
To Serve: Serve with steamed callaloo and Johnny Cakes or boiled green bananas.