For 6 people ()
- 0.33 cup Grace Hello Margarine
- 0.5 cup granulated sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups cake and pastry flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.25 teaspoon baking soda
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 0.25 teaspoon nutmeg
- 0.5 cup raisins
- 0.5 cup milk or water (if desired)
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Cream Grace Hello Margarine and granulated sugar, add beaten egg and vanilla.
- Mash ripe bananas and add to the above mixture.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg, adding alternately with mashed banana mixture.
- Fold in raisins, mixture should drop easily from a spoon. If not, add a little water or milk until consistency is reached.
- Scrape mixture into a greased loaf pan and bake until golden brown, and a skewer inserted, comes out clean.