For 6 people ()
- 0.5 pound counter flour
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 0.5 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet pepper, diced
- 1 cup Grace Ackee, drained and crushed
- 1 teaspoon Grace Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 0.75 cup whole milk
- 1 cup Grace Vegetable Oil
- In a large bowl sift together flour, salt and white pepper.
- Add onions, diced sweet peppers, crushed Grace Ackee and Grace Hot Pepper Sauce. Mix well.
- Add beaten egg and gradually add just enough milk to make a batter that drops easily from a spoon.
- In a large skillet heat Grace Vegetable Oil. Drop batter using a tablespoon; fry for 5 minutes, turning on both sides until golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.